Search This Blog

Monday, September 12, 2011

WE'RE IN SPACE (KR Fourze 1)

Another fall, another Rider, but this one has an ace up his sleeve. The power of SPACE!!!

Just watch out for space cops.

Yes, and now I'm going to hear that voice every time I start an episode. Anyway back the really topic: Fourze. Ok, as some of you might know, I love 555. He is definitely one of my top five Riders (V3, W, Decade and Den-O would round out the rest, in no order) with one of the best belts systems ever. Watching Takumi fumble around on the battlefield while trying to equip his Faiz Pointer, getting the Rider Kick in at the very last second, was always a pleasure, so when I heard about Fourze, I peed a little.

Sure, I'm not in love with the whole composite hero thing, since it seems like we have had three similar systems almost back-to-back. Yes, he seems kinda similar to OOO (both are kinda oblivious but incredibly loyal) but whatever (and are they in the same universe?). I like the suit design, albeit had to grow on me at first, as it works well with the abilities Fourze is capable of, and Gentaro Kisaragi is hard not to love, between the hair and the attitude.

If you haven't seen episode one, you can find it here at TV Nihon.

Combo breaker?

Gentaro seems to be a good fit for the theme too. He is very likable and his' will to put everything on the line for friendship. A perfect fit to a series with the tag-line "Youth switches on into outer space!"

While the episode is kinda disjointed, we do find out some major plot implications for the future. For one, Kengo's dad is the man who is killed at the beginning of the show . . . in space. We also know that Gentaro and our Rider Girl Yuuki are childhood friends inching ever closer to their lifelong dreams, and that one of the school officials (I presume headmaster) is in control of the Zodiarts, creatures bearing the powers of constellations. Kengo, while willing, is unable to effectively become Fouze and barely has the strength to man the Powerdizer.

Because every hero needs a pose . . . and a Rider girl.

The characters have a huge potential for growth, and I' interested to see which direction they take with the foil Rider. If anyone has info please link, but I imagine it's going to either be a new character or Shun (because he is an ass).

Episode two in just one week away, and I already can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment