Search This Blog

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Well That's Something I Did Nazi Coming (Bleach 436 & 437)

Hey all! How's it hanging? Sorry about the absence, I haz so many irons in the fire. In fact, I have all of them. ALL OF THEM!!! Anywho, time to catch up on some Bleach, eh? I figure no one will mind me merging my review and impressions of the last two chapters into one review, since 436 is kinda boring. If you do have a problem with this, take it up with the complaint department.

So 436 really felt like a filler chapter, as nothing really happens that advances the plot. In fact, when I was going to do the review of 437, I forgot that I hadn't done 436, since it just re-affirms some long standing ideas that I held about the story. The only cool part about the chapter involved the revelation of Giriko's Fullbring ability, "Time Tells No Lies."

It seems that Giriko can put a timer on any object, and if the conditions of the timer a broken, that object and any other object linked to that timer are consumed by the flames of time. Pretty cool, eh? I look forward to seeing this ability in action later on in the series, but for now, it is quite the ingenious way of framing a training exercise.

After that, there is more running and yelling, with the obligatory flash back to Ichigo's and Chad's pasts, and suddenly we are in chapter 437, where all the awesome shit happens.

First off, let me say that a battle-swastika is one of the best ideas ever. I don't support the Nazi agenda in any way, form or fashion, but you have to admit that the weapon looks cool as shit.

Anyway, this Fullbring ability seems to to have similar properties to Zangetsu flange attack, but it can only maintain that power as long as Ichigo is holding the badge (awww, no swastiken!). he can use it as a shield, and he is also able to produce a Getsuga Tenshou release from the Fullbring.

This chapter is a definite 10/10 for this scene alone, but it doesn't end there. You'll see . . .

As for chapter 436, eh. 5/10. Kinda forgettable, imo.

No comments:

Post a Comment