Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Make Way for Meteor Storm!


Finished Fourze 28 last night, which introduces Kamen Rider Meteor Storm, the upgrade to Kamen Rider Meteor, and I have to admit I was mostly impressed. Mostly. His finisher is straight out of Beyblade, and it seems rather OP for something so derivative. The suit is amazing, and I love the double meteor design for the helmet.

It seems to me, though, that even though Cancer is gone, Ryusei's secret is far from safe. Tomoko should (at least I would hope) have a pretty good feeling that Ryusei is Meteor. He does nothing to throw her off the trail when she notices him running off to retrieve the Meteor Storm Switch. Ryusei possibly fears this as well, explaining part of his action at the end of the episode. And if he is revealed again, do we have to go through another episode 27-28? Can he ever reveal his secret the the Kamen Rider Club?

Honestly, Meteor reminds me too much of Kamen Rider TheBee, another close-range Rider with a ridiculous rule set. Add in the fact that I hate almost all of Kabuto (Fuck you Souji Tendou), and I shouldn't really like Meteor at all. While the suit design is fantastic, Tendou ruins everything with is cocky-ass demeanor and constant talk about his destiny to rule over all. Yet somehow I can't get enough of Ryusei, his backstory or Meteor itself. He's got such a tremendously sad past and reason for fighting plus he's the rebirth of Bruce Lee in style and execution. I want him to be able to reveal himself as Meteor while still retaining the ability to transform. It seems like the rule is only there to protect the M-BUS and Tachibana, but between Fourze and Meteor, it should be well protected in the even of an attack.

Won't surprise me at all if we found out later that Kisaragi's parents worked with Utahoshi's parents and that one of them is actually Tachibana, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

MFW: Kisaragi's Parents

But the most heartbreaking loss of episode 28 has to be Cancer. I'm sorry, but I can't get enough of his puns. I think I've watched the Meteor v. Cancer fight from 27 at least 15 times at this point, just for the puns. Soran Tamoto was brilliant in his portrayal of Kijima, a great midseason boss, and his presence will be greatly missed. But hey, at least he gets to hang out with Sonoda in the Dark Nebula.




No comments:

Post a Comment